Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Our First Fieldtrip!

1 stroller + 1 wagon + 2 parents + 3 kids x beautiful weather = 1 Awesome day at the Zoo! Our first official fieldtrip was a blast! The weather was great, it wasn't very crowded and I was pleasantly surprised by the exhibits at the zoo. I was lucky enough to have my sweet husband take a day of vacation from work to join us! It's going to be tricky if I go back without him, since all 3 of the kids like to ride and not walk....but, that's ok, we'll cross that bridge when we get there!

I even learned something new on this trip: Ava is afraid of butterflies. Yes, you read that right....afraid of BUTTERFLIES! They had a neat exhibit, where you go inside a greenhouse full of butterflies, some of which will land on you, which she was not so crazy about. We had trouble convincing her just to go inside of the greenhouse! But, I'm not too worried about it, because there was another little girl in there who seemed to be scared as well. The thought that the kids would be afraid of butterflies never crossed my mind! I'm sure she will grow out of it. Lydia loved it! She wanted one to land on her so badly. Surprisingly, Matthew is the one who had the most land on him. He probably had a little extra food left over from lunch on him!

We didn't have time to do school today, but we are really looking forward to doing our lesson tomorrow. The next two days are zoo lessons, so we get to make our own zoo using play dough and toy animals. The kids can't wait! We are having so much fun with our school! Our days finally have a purpose! Learning about Jesus, the world and life as a family. I love it!

No comments:

Post a Comment